This page is available IF your position includes Council or Center responsibilities. Please send the information to the webmaster. It is your responsibility to tell the webmaster when the position is filled (please). All position listing will be cleared each August 15th unless otherwise requested.
K-12 Program Coordinator, University of Delaware Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship, Lerner College of Business and Economics
Application Deadline: April 20, 2015
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship (CEEE) offers in-service and pre-service teacher training programs, graduate courses, consulting services and student programs that focus on K-12 economic, personal finance, and entrepreneurship content knowledge and pedagogy. All CEEE programming supports our mission to train, equip and support educators so that we may one day see all students graduating with the skills needed to become productive members of our community and active contributors to their own financial stability.
Daily Operations and Communications:
- Design, develop and update programs, curriculum materials and assessments, and plan implementation strategies for meeting needs of CEEE's target population.
- Supervise CEEE's high school personal finance literacy programs and advocate for personal finance requirements for graduation for all students in the state of Delaware.
- Organize and run CEEE-sponsored student competitions.
- Use different communication mediums to stay in contact with K-12 educators.
- Visit individual teacher classrooms, follow up with strategies developed in group sessions, mentor and provide assistance to educators where needed.
- Keep abreast of latest curriculum developments in economics, personal finance and entrepreneurship.
- Organize and conduct professional development and courses for educators and volunteers, some of which are held in the evenings and on weekends.
- Coordinate CEEE programs.
- Work with Department of Education on assessment writing, unit development, and training.
- Assist with writing and submitting grant proposals that would enhance CEEE outreach programs.
- Assist in designing fliers and other documents aimed at promoting and highlighting CEEE's programs and activities.
- Actively represent the CEEE at various education organizations (i.e. Social Studies Coalition of Delaware).
- Prepare monthly activity reports for CEEE's Director.
- Master's degree in Economic Education or related field.
- K-12 teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively.
- Ability to design, create, implement, and evaluate curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Develop and present educational programs and professional development for educators.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbally and in writing) and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies (including students, teachers, coworkers and the community at large).
- Knowledge of public, private and parochial schools systems preferred.
- Experience with grant writing desired.
To apply, visit http://www.udel.edu/udjobs/ and, from the left side Employment Opportunities panel, select "Staff". Jobs are listed in posting date order with this job posted on 4/2/2015. Click on the job title; the responding screen will contain the button to "Apply Now." When applying please submit a one-page cover letter, clearly identifying why you are seeking this position, and your resume-- all as one document. Also, please remember to provide full contact information for at least three references in the online application.